Four Core Home Tour
Fri, Mar 11th
Sustainable Gambrel Barn Home Tour
- Fri, Mar 11th | Tours at 12 and 2 PM |
- RSVP by email or call 259−1916 ext. 112
- Located between Cortez and Dolores at 16831 Road 28.4 |
- Lunch and snacks provided
- Speaker: Trevor Lytle, Builder, ArchEarth, LLC
- Gambrel Barn layout with three stories
- Off−grid photovoltaic solar system − 72 kW per year
- Passive solar orientation
- Recycled finishes
- Energy Star Appliances
Earth Day M-CAN Renewable Energy Tour
Friday, April 22, 2011
- Friday, April 22, 2011
- Meet at Empire Electric at 11:30am
- Lunch provided
- RSVP by email or call Susan at 564−8800
- Empire Electric’s Proposed Community PV Array Presentation.
- Skanska PV Array Installation Tour
- Cortez City Hall Renewable Energy Tour
Delta − Montrose Energy Association (DMEA)
Selling Shares in Community PV Array
“Lease amounts start as low as $10 for 2.67 watts of capacity (estimated annual bill credit of about $ 0.50). Members may lease any portion of the array they wish − provided adequate capacity remains − in lease increments of $10.”
Verde Fest Plans and News
Four Corners Sustainability Fair
Saturday, August 20, 2011
- Cortez City Park
- Saturday, August 20, 2011
- More than 1300 folks attended in 2010
- Many Sustainability Exhibitors
- Food Vendors
- Children’s Activities
Have Fun at Verde Fest While Helping Out
How Can I help?
You can contribute to the Greening of Montezuma County at Verde Fest by volunteering online
for one or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising − solicit local businesses for sponsorship.
- Contact potential exhibitors and provide our literature.
- Find children’s activity exhibitors or work with children directly.
- Publicize by contacting newspapers, radio, social media, distribute posters.
- Find speakers or demonstrators.
- locate musical groups.
- Work on grounds layout and design
- design, buy and place signs on grounds.
- Provide ideas for themes, competition(s), fun stuff!
Volunteer online or contact Betty Janes by email or call 560−2364.
Fees are $50 for a for−profit business and $35 for a non−profit ($5 discount before June 1).
for an application in pdf format.
for more information.
Status of Four Corners Power Plant Emissions Rulemaking
Provided by the League of Women Voters of Montezuma County
“Last October, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) San Francisco Office proposed a plan for reducing air emissions at the Four Corners Power Plant (FCPP) on the Navajo Reservation. A month later, the Arizona Public Service Company (APS), the majority owner of the FCPP, proposed to EPA that...”
It’s time to go beyond the hour
At 8.30 PM on Saturday 26 March 2011, lights will switch off around the globe for Earth Hour.
Bag It Montezuma
Calvin Denton Room
Empire Electric, Cortez
April 23, 2011
“BAG IT MONTEZUMA” is an event focusing on the wastefulness of using disposable plastic
bags as well as the need to recycle all types of plastic. This waste includes the use of countless
barrels of oil in the manufacture of plastic as well as the wasted space in our landfills and the
litter in our communities.
On April 23, 2011 (Earth Day) at the Calvin Denton Room of Empire Electric, non−profit and for−
profit organizations will come together to educate the public on the seriousness of continued
use of disposable plastic bags. Headlined by a twelve minute video, community groups and
businesses will explain what can be done to minimize our addiction to these energy wasters.
A short discussion period will follow the presentations along with concrete steps that can be
taken by the community.